"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jun 30, 2013

Desiring More of Jesus


Sometimes I wish Jesus and  I could  be alone on a deserted island. There would be no distractions, just the two of us. Being.

Sure you might say that I have that when I pray. And that is true too. But after prayer I have to get back into the swing of things and continue on to an errand or an appointment or some task at home. On an island, I wouldn't have the distractions. I'd just have Jesus and we could be together, and there would be sweet  peace. Nobody else could walk over and disrupt our time together.

I wouldn't be hungry or thirsty or cold or hot or tired. I would be in complete peace. I wouldn't have to deal with gruff people like I have to do every day at my job. I wouldn't be assaulted by technology or TV or interuptions of any kind. I wouldn't have to get anxious about things happening at Church, or within the wider Church.  I wouldn't have to hear horrible news about shootings, bombs, terrorism or abortions. I could just look into Jesus' eyes. He has the most magnificient eyes you know. He is always patient and He always says the perfect thing. Sometimes He doesn't have to say anything at all and I know exactly what He means.

Jesus and I have been together a very long time and we have eternity ahead of us. I don't know if a deserted island is part of His plan. I guess for now I have to have 1:1 time with Jesus as I can get it. There are just so many distractions......