"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Sep 22, 2010

Busy like a bee

It has been a little while since I have written. I've been very busy with work and other commitments, and to my fixer upper of a house....lots of manual labor in regards to that.

Summer is officially over and I have a time crunch in finishing some of the things I want to do outside before the weather gets too cold. I am sort of looking forward to the cooler weather. My schedule should slow down a little after Thanksgiving and I can focus on some inside projects. Wasn't it Piaget who said "I have other pies in the oven?". Well, I not only have pies in the oven. I also have popovers, cakes, and pizza.

Besides working in my house this winter, I want to write and submit my writings to magazines. I want to do more artwork. I want to read. I want to spend more time in prayer. I want to plan for my future. I want to walk and lose some poundage. I have already made reservations for a retreat weekend for myself. I also want to rest this winter because I've been super busy this year and need some down time. I also would like to connect with new friends.

All these plans are nice, but I've learned that life can take me down different paths and I must entrust my future path to the one and only Jesus Christ. I must surrender my will to His and to trust that His ways are better than mine. So maybe my winter plans will unfold as I have planned, or maybe they will turn out to be entirely different according to God's plan for me.

As the saying goes: I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

Have a good night.