"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Sep 26, 2010

Hermitage hopes

There are some days I wish I could be a hermit, away from everyone but God. There are days I want to hide myself in His care and ignore the rest of the world. There are days when the world I encounter is just too much for me to handle and I want to run into the shadow of His wings and escape life's hassles.

I don't know if you will agree with me or not, but the world has gotten a lot meaner these last few years. Everyone seems stressed and short tempered with one another. I am no exception. I have had my moments these last few months when I've been short tempered too, and I deeply regret those moments.

Sometimes I think the world would be better with me hidden away in a hermitage. What would I do there...in a hermitage? Well, I would have plenty of silence. I would listen to the breeze and look at the stars. I would pray a lot. I would read. I would write. I would create. I would think and plan. I would reflect on my life and my sins and I would try to come up with ways not to bother anyone should I leave the hermitage and rejoin the rest of the people in the world.

I saw some neat hermitages once. It was somewhere on Cape Cod, MA. They were tall square buildings - built on stilts. They were simple and in the middle of the sand dunes. Every once in a while someone would come by and leave food, take mail, etc... but other than that, the person in the hermitage was alone.

Yep....right now I have hopes for hermitage living....at least for a while. I wish I had the money to take the time off to do this.