"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Sep 7, 2010

God's furry and feathery creatures

Tonight I just want to say how much I love my furry friends. Tonight I was walking a little scottie dog - she is one of my furry friends. She is always happy to see me. She always greets me warmly. She is grateful for the love I give to her. She doesn't judge. She is always forgiving. She enjoys God's world. She is a rather meditative dog at times and she will just sit and I can just tell that she is enjoying the breeze by the expression on her face.

Yep, I love God's little creatures. Sometimes I miss my Puffy the cockatiel so much, and the other feathery birds who once graced my life. I would love to see them fly. They were like little comical angels and they were so loving. Some people don't think birds are very affectionate but they are. All my birds - parakeets and cockatiel alike, were very compassionate, affectionate little creatures. When I was sick, Puffy would come and sit on top of my head as I reclined on the couch feeling lousy. She would open her wings to keep me warm.

I could go on and on. If you are a pet lover then you will understand what I am saying. If not, you don't know what you are missing. They are little puffballs of unconditional love - little gifts from our Almighty God for our enjoyment and comfort.