"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jul 16, 2011

Be alert.....the world needs more lerts.

Just before starting to write tonight's blog, I asked Jesus to give me a topic. He said to tell you about his great love for humanity. He pines for the lost sheep every day. We need to wake up and be people of action and prayer. The world is on the precipice of a cliff. The church is being attacked in many ways and in many places in the world. Take China for example. Clergy are actually having to hide so as not to be forced into supporting a state sponsored catholic Church.

God's love wants to pour out on all humanity but many are too busy to listen, so the devil marches on, thinking he is winning. Of course we all know that he will have a huge surprise at the end of time. Well, maybe not actually because he knows scripture so he knows he loses at the end. It is us - humanity - who do not know scripture well enough.

We are living lives in the fog of secularism. We are like horses with blinders on. We are like blind and deaf people because we don't see or hear what is happening right before us. We are like the frog in the warm water and the water is slowly heated up so the frog doesn't realize that soon it will be cooked and dead. We are like that.

Some of us are alert however. The world needs more lerts. :) I'd like to put myself in that category. I am not a tremendously smart person, but I am a person of faith and I know how to see with the eyes of faith ( when I am in good space that is ). I know a few other people that are on the same wavelength, but to be honest, many Catholics I see, and christians in general, are not aware of the spiritual battles going on....that is how cunning the devil is. He has tricked so many people.

Heck, he has even tricked Fr. Corapi and he was one of our good priests. Or maybe he was just a wolf in sheep's clothing all along? What is going on with him is purely diabolical and we all have to pray to Jesus to save him from himself and we have to ask Mary to go after her lost priest.

There are so many attacks on humanity every day that go unseen. We are slowly becoming hotter like the frog in the pot. Those of us who are alert must pray our little Catholic hearts out for all that is going on: for protection, discernment, love, peace, patience and more.

That is enough for tonight. St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle.