"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jul 8, 2011

What I want to tell the world

A 39 year old man fell at a ball park this week and died. He was simply trying to catch a ball for his little son and he fell 20 feet and died.

Death can come quickly. It doesn't always give notice. So, we must all be ready because "ya never know" when your "number will come up".

So, just in case tonight is my last night on this planet and I wake up dead tomorrow, I would like to say the following:

1. It's all about Jesus. Everything is. He is the first and last after all.

2. I wish I would have had the opportunity to feel like I belonged somewhere: in a family or in the church.

3. Give "different" people a chance. Usually people who are different have a lot to offer, but because they are, well...different.....some people do not give them the chance.

4. Eat chocolate. Drink Coca Cola.

5. Reflect on life and the things you experience each day in addition to praying daily.

6. We are all in this mess together.

7. Catholics in a parish really need to learn how to be community. They need to stay away from cliques and they need to be more welcoming and hospitable.

8. All people, in addition to priests, need to practice what they preach.

9. There are so many lonely people in the world.

10. Having to worry about money stinks. We are slaves to these little green pieces of paper that we call money. Humanity created money. We can do away with it and just learn to give and share.

11. God DOES talk to people. Most people don't take the time to listen to what He is saying.

12. I feel like I have a lot to give to the world but nobody wants my gifts.

13. Sadness would be almost totally eradicated if people would be gentle with one another and smile and encourage one another.

14. Catholics: clergy, religious, and lay people need to focus on being more humble and less arrogant.

15. Cinderella is really just a fairy tale.

16. Learning to love is hard, if not impossible.

17. God holds all the cards so we have to "deal" with it ( no pun intended).

18. Sleep is bliss.

19. Buying a new car is a waste of money.

20. Stop fighting. Play nice.

21. Pray always.