"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jun 8, 2010

Blaming Adam and Eve

I love the liturgical year the church gives us. I really do. It is our spiritual schedule, so to speak.

However there is another schedule that conflicts with the liturgical one and that is our personal schedules. The day to day grind that can conflict with the liturgical year the church gives to us. If you add surprises into the schedule it can get even more hectic.

Sometimes I get angry at Adam and Eve because they messed up paradise for us and as a result we have to live with our fallen natures until the second coming of Jesus! I mean really....I have issues with them.

As a result of their mess up we have to toil all our living days. It is hard to stay focused on "all things Jesus" when the day to day "must dos" get in the way.

I would much rather be involved in doing things like praying more often or totally volunteering my time to help others. But the bills must be paid and responsibilities and commitments must be met.

I know part of the trick is to make each moment of the day into a spiritual opportunity to do good and to be a witness. I know that. But sometimes when I am in the thick of it all, that can be forgotten. That is when weariness sets in.

Scripture says to "be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect". Someone once told me that the exact translation isn't the word perfect, but compassionate. Either way, it is darn near impossible without divine intervention.

So I toil on. I get up with the alarm and march on until very late into the evening and then I go to sleep. But some days I'd like to get Adam and Eve in a room and give them a good talking too! Do they realize how much they messed things up for the rest of us?

Anyway, that is what I am thinking about at this moment so I decided to share it with all of you in my Blog land.