"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jun 21, 2010

Random thoughts on a very warm summer's night

Do you ever feel that you don't fit in anywhere? I do. Most of the time, as a matter of fact. The one place I do fit in however, is in the palm of God's hand. I know He will always welcome me and will always be glad to see me. There are days when other human beings won't even give me the time of day, but God is always there.

I miss it when I can't spend as much time as I want with Jesus, especially in the Blessed Sacrament. Lately I haven't had as much time and when I have had time, I am restless. My spirit wants to be quiet, but my mind is very active and distractions abound.

Maybe this is happening because summer is here and there are so many more outside things to do. Summer used to be a time of relaxation and rest and fun. The last few summers for me have been very busy with work and commitments. If anything, I am busier in the summer than any other time of year.

But, I am glad that I am fairly healthy and can do a lot of things, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. I have to keep better tabs on my schedule so I can get a little more prayer time and a little more fun in my life.

Jesus, please help me to know your will. Amen.