"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jun 4, 2010

Two birds on a cross

Today, as I was leaving my little Catholic Church, the bells were ringing. It was really nice. I looked up at the bell tower and above the steeple is our cross. On each arm of the cross sat a little bird. It was just like they were sitting there enjoying the bells ( the bells were playing a hymn ).

I sat and watched them and wondered what they know about their Creator. Did they know they were resting on the arms of a holy cross? Did they know they were staring down at a church?

It made me think of all of God's creation. We, as humans, have a mind and we can think and reason and make judgements. Perhaps the animals in the world can't do all of that, at least not in the same way we can, but we still don't know what they are fully capable of. I've read articles that state how parrots have the inteligence and understanding of a 2 - 5 year old human being.

But all in all, today I saw the birds resting on the arms of the cross and I thought...I need to rest close to the cross too. I need to take more time to listen to the bells and to just be around God and all that God wants to show me.

These are my thoughts for tonight...