"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jun 13, 2010

Oh Pickle Juice !

Christians who use foul language really tick me off. I run into so many Christians, including my very own fellow Catholics, who think it is okay to use God's name in vain as well as other secular vulgar language.

My question is WHY ? Can't they be more creative with their language when they are angry ? How about shouting "PICKLE JUICE", or "GIVE ME A BREAK", or "PINHEAD" or something like that instead of all those other curse words that are so obscene and offensive?

This is how I feel: If someone has a LITTLE education, a LITTLE common sense, a LITTLE common courtesy, a LITTLE professionalism, and a LITTLE Christian blood flowing through their body, there isn't a reason on the planet why a person shouldn't be able to think of something else to shout out when they are angry!

The Bible says that we should not have any foul language at all, yet so many people do and so many people think it is A-OK to do so. Any Christian worth his salt should know better.

This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Have a blessed day and if you are one of these people who curse so much, please bring it to prayer, and ask Jesus to help you to stop and think before you curse and to help you find a different way to express your anger or frustration.

Thank you for listening.