"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jul 18, 2010

A New Mass Experience

There is "saying Mass" and then there is "praying Mass". That is what I think anyway....

Today I participated in a Mass where the presider, a bishop, spoke every word of the Mass with heart, intention, sincerity, focus, depth of meaning, in total love and trust of God, and with pastoral care for the people gathered in the church. I was astounded. Plus he seemed filled with joy and contentment.

I observed a new depth of holiness today. Thank you Jesus.

I have been to many awesome liturgies in my life (they are each awesome in their own way because of what the Mass is), but this one really touched my soul due to the holiness of the bishop who presided. Oh, he also had wisdom. End of my thoughts for tonight.