"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Jul 4, 2010

What is this world coming to?

Lately I've been a bit overwhelmed with all the immorality and disrespect in our world. Are there no more men who are gentlemen? Are there no more women who are ladies?

Seems to me that so many people don't think twice about using vulgar language. Don't they know that they are called to be so much more than what they present to the world through talking that way?

It seems like the good are outnumbered by the bad. It seems like the negative widely overshadows the positive. It can be depressing.

But I am holding on to Jesus and trusting that it will all work out in the end. The weeds live among the wheat, but Jesus' words will not come back void.

In the mean time all I can do is pray and try to be a good person. I do need to find more positive people to hang out with though in order to counteract all the negativity I face very day.

Sometimes between the stress of my J.O.B., all the horrible stuff on the news, and some of the negative people I come in contact with each day in our consumeristic selfish American culture, I get so overwhelmed.

I'm glad I can run to Jesus in prayer, receive Him in the Eucharist, and all the other positive things I get out of being Catholic....because in the end, what the world is coming to is the fulfillment of God's word, and then all will be well.