"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Apr 9, 2010

Divine Mercy

This coming Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday. The words "divine" and "mercy" are such beautiful words by themselves, but when you put them together they are even more wonderful.

Have you ever thought about God's mercy in regards to your own life?

None of us deserves God's mercy, yet He gives it to us readily. That just blows me away! God's mercy has been poured out upon His creation for eons. Even today He still reminds us that His mercy is there for those of us who desire it.

I believe that God's mercy is in effect everytime He chooses not to smote somebody who comes up to receive His Body and Blood unworthily. It is His mercy that lets us draw our next breath when we have so often and so deeply offended His precious name.

I can receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and feel so wonderful afterwards because my sins have been forgiven, but sometimes it takes me less than an hour for me to commit another sin. Without God's mercy my soul would be in eternal danger.

Jesus, I just want to thank you for your love and mercy. We don't deserve it. I suppose I will never fully comprehend your ways. Your mercy is like the ocean waves on a beach - they never stop. Please help us all become aware of your mercy in our lives - miserable sinners that we are. Please help us be worthy of your mercy. Please help us be as merciful to others as you are to us.

Amen.