"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Apr 27, 2010

A Prayer for the Future

Tonight I am grappling with trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do next in my life. My life is coming to another set of crossroads and I'm either going to have to continue going straight, or I will have to make a left or a right. One thing is for sure, I certainly can't make a U-turn.

I have been trying to practice discernment while anticipating these impending crossroads. I know God knows where I will be in a year and what I will be doing with my life, but I don't. So I have to pray and keep my eyes and ears open for how the Holy Spirit might be directing me.

It is interesting that soon we will be celebrating Pentecost - the descent of the Holy Spirit, and the birthday of the Church. I am going to try and be really open to hear where Jesus is directing me to go.

One of my favorite sayings is: "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.". Jesus knows where my life is going and what choice I am going to make. I want to make the right choice - the choice that is in His will and the choice that will make me happy.

If you are reading this blog tonight, please say a prayer that I will hear His voice clearly. Thank you.