"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Nov 11, 2010

A girl's perogative

There is an old saying that states it is a girl's perogative to change her mind. I find that to be very true because I change my mind a lot. One minute I will think I have made a decision and then the next minute I change my mind. Sometimes that makes other people frustrated. Well all I've got to say is imagine being frustrated with yourself when you do that and not be able to run away from yourself! Sometimes I get frustrated with myself because within a couple of minutes I can fully agree with both of the opinions that may be currently swimming around in my mind.

How do I deal with it? Two words: Prayer and Discernment. Whenever I truly can't decide what to do about something or what my solid opinion should be on something I always bring it to prayer. And then I wait. Sometimes I have to wait a long time. Eventually though, I come to an inteligent, calculated, common sense decision. And then I stick to it.

But it is that in between time when I think others might get frustrated with me. Again, imagine how it is to be me when that happens.

I'm so grateful that I can go to Jesus, and that I can ask the Holy Spirit to guide me during these times of confusion. I'm so grateful that my little Catholic church is open a lot so I can go in and plop myself in the third row in front of the Tabernacle and bring my thoughts to Jesus.

I better end this blog now before I change my mind and erase this and start writing on a completely different topic. You have no idea how many blogs I've written and erased due to changing my mind...