"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Nov 26, 2010

An Oasis

Today I experienced an "oasis moment" in the middle of a desert. I got together with some old friends. It was so nice to be with people who have known me for years and years and years, and that I have known, as well.

Familiar stories. Familiar information. Familiar homes. Familiar histories. A sense of not having to share who I am because they already know. Conversation was relaxed. Laughter came easy. Shared faith. Some conversation was just with eye contact. In many instances, no need to explain oneself because that was already done years ago. A sense of appreciation for just being together. We shared a meal, we shared grace and faith stories.

I am thankful for today. I needed this little oasis so badly. I didn't feel alone today, because for the first time in quite a while, I wasn't.