"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Mar 17, 2010

Alleluias not allowed

We are in Lent. We are not supposed to be singing "Alleluia" until the Easter Vigil. But there are some times during my days lately that I've been in an "Alleluia" mood and have wanted to sing and shout ALLELUIA to the world.

There is one CD in particular that I've been listening to. It is from a group called the "Sidewalk Prophets". There is one song, track # 4 that is just so wonderful. A couple of months ago I heard # 4 on the local christian radio station and it came on like it was a special delivery from Heaven just to me. So the next day I went out and got the CD. I like most of the songs.

On this CD there is a song with lots of Alleluias in it. I'm tempted to turn it off because it is Lent and "no Alleluias are allowed", but sometimes, I must confess, I turn it on and turn it very loud while I am driving. Sometimes, I just can't hold it in, you know what I mean? Do you ever feel that way?

Sometimes, when the priest lifts the Eucharist and starts singing "Through Him...with Him...in Him" at Mass, I just picture angels and saints all around the altar table. I just want to turn to all the people and shout: "Do you know who the priest is lifting up?" I know they do (or hope most of them do), because they are Catholic too.

Even in the middle of Lent, that is an Alleluia moment for me. No doubt about it. I may look serene and calm in the pew, but sometimes I am really dancing and praising God so loudly within my heart. Sometimes I am filled with so many Alleluias that I just don't want the Mass to end. I wish we could have a good ten minutes of quiet after receiving Communion to just sit and totally be in His presence.

Sigh.......because it is still Lent, and this is a public blog, I will ever so quietly end by only whispering this one word......"alleluia"......