"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Oct 12, 2010

Update on T.M.I.C.A.M.

Well, I did take Monday off from the J.O.B. this week. We had good weather. I was going to do projects, but then I just knew deep inside that I needed a real break. There were a few unavoidable responsibilities that I had to complete but aside from that I had a really relaxing day.

I hung out with some cool cats and a dog. I had lunch with a friend by the water. Then we took a nice walk in the perfect air temperature. Then I came home and I took an hour nap in my hammock in the back yard. Oh, and I went to morning Mass - a "not to miss" event in my day.

Like I said, I could have been doing so much more, but you know what? I'm glad I took a chunk of my day to have a rest. My blood pressure went down and I actually felt a little bliss and contentment.

Wish I had more days like that, but this morning I hit the pavement running and it will be quite some time before I get another opportunity for a real break. I'm thankful I had Monday.