"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Oct 31, 2010

Obstacles

Today our pastor talked about Obstacles in our relationship with Jesus. This was to coincide with the gospel reading of Zacchaeus.

I have obstacles. I'm working on them. What worries me is the obstacles within myself that I don't know about - that I am not aware of.

I want to be holy. I try. I'm really hard on myself, but still I fail.

Lord, help me become aware of the obstacles placed between you and me and help me to remove them - or better yet, please....you remove them because you can do it better. Then maybe I will become the person you want me to be. Like Zacchaeus I am climbing every tree I can see in order to see you better, and it pains me to think of the times you might have invited me down and I have not heard your voice.