"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Aug 19, 2010

Making your own private prayer place

I just came from my own private prayer place - my own little chapel (of sorts). In my little house I have some very basic, unfinished space upstairs. It has that "upper room" quality to it. I always wanted my own little chapel so in the last month or so I finally got around to making one.

My chapel is very rustic, but it serves the purpose. Now, don't get me wrong, my very faorite place is still in the third row in front of the Tabernacle at my Catholic Church. However, lately, due to how I've been feeling and my schedule, I haven't gotten down there as often. So my little personal chapel serves as a good alternative.

I especially like to go up to my chapel after dark. The two (battery operated) candles have a soft glow. I have a picture of Jesus, my relic of St. Pius X, my St. Therese statue, a cross, an old picture of St. Michael, and a few other little things. I have a kneeler too. It is very quaint.

Tonight, it is warm, so I had the window open. I could hear the crickets,and felt the soft breeze of the fan I turned on. All else, was quiet. It was soooooooooo nice.

If you haven't already made your own special prayer place in your house or apartment, please do so. It is such a blessing..... I just wanted to share that tonight.