"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Aug 25, 2010

Tabernacle thoughts

Dear Jesus;

As you know, I was in my little Catholic Church today. I only stayed about 20 minutes I think because I was sort of crunched for time. But still you were there waiting for my visit.

I loved the images that came into my mind while I was there in my pew spot. I imagined the tabernacle opening while I was there and that ocean waves of grace were pouring out towards me. The "waves" were also "wind" and filled with sparkles, and all sorts of wonderful things.... and it was endless.

I don't know how good I did at opening my heart to you at that time because my mind was rather scattered, but I remember that image of the graces pouring out.

It is sure a far cry from what I used to imagine when I was a child. The nuns who taught me catechism used to tell me that Jesus lived in the tabernacle, so for many years, when the priest would open up the tabernacle at communion time, I would try and see passed him and into the tabernacle to see you. I would imagine that inside the tabernacle, it was sort of like a little doll house with your pint sized furniture - a little couch for you, a little chair, a little kitchen ! Really ! As a little girl I loved my doll house and since you lived in your own little "doll house" in church, that is what I imagined it would be like.

Yep...things do change as we get grow in years and faith! You definitely live there, but I've since had the chance to see a tabernacle "up close and personal" many times and there is no furniture in there!
Good night Jesus!