"Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person."

St. Therese









Aug 6, 2010

T.G.I.F.

Thank God it is Friday. It has been " a week ", as they say. Not that my weekend will be anymore interesting, fun, or relaxing, but it will just be different. I work almost all the time. It is pathetic. I always have a project, or commitment. What I don't have, at least this summer, is fun. Just work. Sometimes I feel like a work horse. It would be nice to have a little luxury every now and then. I'm not talking about materialism and stuff like that. I'm talking more about some real rejuvenating relaxation, some great conversations and great meals with interesting people, a little traveling...things like that. Gosh, even a friendly hug would be nice.

But instead, most days it is the same old stuff - work. work. clean. work on the fixer upper. Pay bills. work some more. At least I have Mass and prayer. Speaking of which, tomorrow is Latin Mass # 13 and I'm already worried about trying to get through it without crying. I really want to understand it - and I am trying like there is no tomorrow. That is also work. I'm counting on the fact that Jesus will bless me somehow for my efforts. I'm praying for infused knowledge and understanding. It takes me about 2 hours to recuperate from a Latin Mass. I don't want to be negative about it. I am just confused and I need a "Latin mass tutor" and there is nobody to be found who is either available or interested.

Oh well, at least it is Friday and I have two days of different types of activities ahead of me. I can't even sleep in. Sigh.... I'm reading a cool book called "Discernment of Spirits" by Fr. Gallagher. He was on EWTN and he directed a retreat I was on. It is a very interesting book.

That is all for tonight.